Saturday, October 19, 2013

Father Be With Me

Saturday, 19 Oct 2013, 7:00 PM

I was feeling tempted and the Spirit said to write. I'm not sure how this came out, but here is what I wrote:

Father be with me,
That I may be free.
Hold me, secure me,
O please hear my plea!

Guide me this day,
'Fore I lose my way.
Help me see the light
'Fore I lose the fight!

I see myself falling,
I hear thy voice calling.
Lift me and guide me,
Ne'er leave me be!

I am weakened dear Father,
I have no strength.
Support me and lift,
Bestow thy great gift!

Ever I need thee,
Yet ever I leave thee!
Do not let despair,
My sins lead to err!

Take my hand dear Lord,
And give me thy Word:
The blood of thy Son,
Which heals everyone!

My Father, I pray now,
In humility bow:
Father be with me,
And I will be free.

No comments: