Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dearest Heavenly Father. . . .

Dearest Heavenly Father,

I thank Thee for the blessings which Thou hast given me. Thou hast given me such wondrous blessings, I do not know how to accept them all. I have received from Thy hand promises and prophesies which both bless and confound me. I pray that I will learn to grow using all the talents and abilities Thou hast bestowed upon me. Allow me to accept with patience and understanding the trials which do beset me. Help me in my efforts to grow closer to Thee.

I need Thy guiding hand in all that I do. Please bring the peace to my heart that I know only Thy Spirit can bestow. I need that peace to calm my vexations and torments of my soul. Thou knowest of those things which I stand need of. Thou hast made me aware of my situation and granted me the privilege to understand who I am and who I need to become.

I pray for Thy constant guidance. Help me to follow the path that is the most sure way to return to Thy presence. I so desire to have Thy never-ceasing companionship with me at all times. As I enter into the world, I need Thee to help remind me who I am that I might be true to the straight-and-narrow way.

Please forgive me of those trespasses which I have committed. At times, I have a tendency to give in to the natural man. I understand that he is an enemy to Thee and I need Thy guidance and companionship to combat this natural man and all the wiles of the devil. I desire to be free from temptation and sin, but understand that I must endure to fully understand and comprehend fully Thy full plan of happiness and salvation.

Please bestow upon me the power of the Atonement through Thy Son, Jesus Christ. Allow me to reach into the heavens and feel of the peace of cleanliness and righteous power and light. In return, please allow Thy Son to reach down and grasp my out-stretched hands. Please allow me to come forward and enter in an embrace that I might feel of His love to me and recognize for myself the gift which has been provided.

Help me to be a better person. I pray that I might serve my fellow men in ways that will help them and honor Thee. I wish to make recompense for the wrongs which I have committed. Allow me the opportunity and open my mind that I might remember those things which need correction that I might be able to make proper restitution. Help me honor the Priesthood and use it to bless the lives of others.

Father, I so desire to be with Thee. I wish to receive the blessings which Thou hast promised to the righteous and faithful. Help me be one of those who will stand on your right hand at that Great and Dreadful and otherwise Wondrous Day of the coming of The Lord, Thy Son: Jesus Christ, my Savior!

Please, Father, grant me this petition that I may feel peace in my heart and be one with Thee and Thy Son. Help me honor my part of my covenants that I may make good on Thy promises. Help me be whole. Quiet the ramblings of my heart. Grant me witness of thine everlasting love and affection.

This I pray, in the name of Thy Son, Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful prayer!