Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Draw Near

Tuesday, June 3, 2014; 7:09 pm:

"Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
            --D&C 88:63.

I wonder sometimes how I am doing with this particular principle of the gospel (as well as this portion of Step 11 in the recovery program). How well have I drawn near to The Lord? Am I distancing myself from him on purpose or drawing only as close as I like instead of where I should be?

These are questions which need to be asked in order to know how I am doing with my own personal progression along life's paths. On a day-to-day basic, however, it is essential to first of all make sure I have a constant prayer in my heart for protection and guidance in all I do. I have to ask. The second most important thing I need is to make sure I am listening. Without the guidance of the Holy Ghost, I do not stand a chance against many of the fiery darts which come my way.

I have learned over time that The Lord will always reach out to help me. Most of the time, I just have to be smart enough to reach back and accept the help.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how all four of those items in the scripture--draw near, seek, ask, and knock--are very active verbs. I think you make a good point, though, that even though we need to be smart enough to take those actions, the Lord is already there. It's very much the Lord working in our lives, not us causing anything. Thanks for the post!