Saturday, June 28, 2014

Don't Break the Moment


Friday, June 27, 2914; 8:26 pm:

This week I have been on vacation with my girlfriend in Utah. Over the course of the week I have been able to see many things which are inspiring. I was able to see some of my family I had not seen in years, I was able to see her family and get to know them. I was able to see a river and flow down it. I was able to see the landscape from the top of a mountain. And best of all, I was able to see twelve temples and walk around most of them.

In all this time, the temptation level has been near zero. I have not needed to find a time or place to hide or flee. I have been sober the entire time and it feels great. In fact, the only reason it even crossed my mind was because my girlfriend checked up on me. I am grateful for The Lord for helping me stay this way: for taking it out of my mind.

I have found that surrounding myself with things and people I love makes the entire world a different place in my mind and I can even feel free.

Now I have to carry it with me and make sure I don't break the moment!

2 comments:

12StepLDS said...

I love your message. We all need to surround ourselves with people and activities we love will make a difference.

Kent J said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I've found that we really can get respite from our struggles and addictions by encircling ourselves with things and people that we love.