Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Moving Forward

January 14, 2013, 8:21 pm:

This entry is intended to be short, though I have been thinking about it since last Thursday. Basically, I decided that I can go ahead and move forward in the 12 Step program past Step 3. I kept thinking that I was stuck in Step 3 trying to accept the Lord as my Savior and Redeemer. I had done that. What I was really confused about was knowing when I had given enough over to Him to know that He guided me along my path.

We covered Step 6 in group last week and I realized that most of my fixations have centered around concepts found within there. That is where I turn over completely to The Lord and wholeheartedly obey the commandments as a new lifestyle. I realized that that can only come after Steps 4 and 5 are completed. It finally made sense to me. I have to find my faults, give them up, and then confess sins completely before I can officially turn myself over to the new lifestyle.

The explanation of the realization does not come out as clearly as the inspiration was. Of course, that is rarely ever the case for anything. At any rate, it became clear to me to revisit working out a moral inventory and then present future plans to my bishop. My plan seems rather basic to anyone reading it, but for some reason it sticks out as inspiration in my mind.

It feels good to move on and not feel so stagnant.




....okay, my ramblings are over. My mind is racing a million miles a second and yet, I can't think of anything! Sometimes you just have to brainstorm and get things officially written out. Thank goodness for a journal (and my girlfriend reminding me to write in it!).

No comments: