Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Remember the Progress

February 4, 2014; 8:01 pm:

This entry is intended to be small. I just wanted to point out that it was nice to go see my bishop today. Though I am not even close to being over this addiction, as they never truly go away, I am glad to report to my bishop that there was progress.

Sometimes I find it hard to look back and see what has happened. This time last year I had decided that I was no longer going to even try to overcome it. Now, I have come a long way and can see the temple in my sights (especially since my girlfriend gave me enough temple pictures to cover every wall of my house!).

Sober a little longer, avoiding a few more triggers, withstanding certain temptations, changing the channel, switching the radio station, looking the other way. . . .

It is good to see progress. Step-by-step I move along. I can't ever ignore that.

1 comment:

grant said...

Thanks for the blog. Happy I found it!