Thursday, May 15, 2014

Frontlets

May 15, 2014; 9:28 am:

In the Sunday School lesson I taught last week, I mentioned that the Israelites were to wear scripture in their hands, on their heads, and on door and fence posts. This was to remind them regularly of The Lord. It is important, therefore, to have similar actions today.

In my home there are plenty of temple pictures in every room. I took the counsel from a previous General Conference to have my missionary tag out. I have put up the family proclamation and a picture of The Savior as well. The constant reminders around my house are used to remind me of my duty to make sure that I am doing what I am supposed to do.

Of course, the wearing of the ceremonial scriptures is a good reminder as well. Do I always have The Lord on my mind and am keeping my thoughts clean? Am I paying attention to everything that I do and making sure that I am doing what is right in The Lord's eyes?  Do I leave the house with good intent?

These are points to ponder in daily life: a way of living righteously so that temptation does not set in and I give in the ". . .other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about. . ." (Deuteronomy 6:14).

No comments: