Monday, July 8, 2013

Early to Rise

_________________________________________________
8 Jul 2013, 8:39 PM

I find it interesting how much getting up early can make a difference on the day. I planned last night to make sure I got up early today so that I would be more productive. I even set an alarm to wake me up. It's annoying to wake up to an alarm when I'm on summer vacation, but as it turns out, I woke up before the alarm went off.

I immediately got ready. Because I did, I was ready to go to work and get things accomplished. I was able to clean areas of my house, do laundry, and take my truck in to get fixed. It was interesting to note how by noon, I had already accomplished most of what I had intended for the day. Had I woken up even a hour later, I would have been more lazy and wasted the entire day trying to decide whether or not to actually do those same chores.

The best part about it is that as I am active throughout the day, I am less inclined to be tempted. In fact, it barely even crosses my mind that I have an addiction.

Being as Day 3 is drawing to a close, I am feeling more sober. You can see it in my countenance I'm sure. There is no question that even the horrible addiction of lust can cloud the mind into a drunken state. It really is sobering to be clean. I notice it right away, my Bishop at church notices it right away. I wish for that two-week mark however, as it is supposed to be the official sober period once many of the toxins have had time to cleanse themselves out of my mind.

D&C 88:124 Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.

I can tell you that this scripture has been tested by me. It is truly inspired and excellent advise from the Lord Himself.

No comments: