Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Storm That Never Came

_________________________
18 Jul 2013, 11:03 PM

I am about to retire to bed tonight, on the end of the 5th day of being sober. I was really worrying about being totally caught off-guard. Nothing happened. Today was as natural as any for overcoming temptation.

When I went to work today, I had plenty of opportunity to peek. My colleagues chose their more loose clothing today. One of them had a completely shoulder-less and almost back-less shirt on top and tight pants below. Another had a very open top. Normally, I would take great advantage of this to position myself accordingly. I did not want to today.

Stephanie even commented that she likes me better this way because I am easier to talk to like this. I'm not sure if I can attribute today's success to having completed the history, the fact that I've been leaving the computer off when I'm home, or that I was otherwise occupied throughout the day. Still, I know one thing: the Lord blessed me with another day of sobriety. It is nice to be able to think clearly  and be happy.

I am now entering the territory which is not often trod. I have not shown signs of withdrawals yet, they can still be looming. Somehow, I am not concerned. I just hope my lack of concern is strength in the Lord and not complacency! I guess I will need to make sure I pray harder. . . just in case.

No comments: