Monday, July 15, 2013

Other Blogs

________________________
15 Jul 2013, 12:08 AM

Okay, so I have to admit that when I originally started this blog, I wrote it with the intention that it would be able to help other people rather than just myself. Maybe I should have written "instead of myself". I am not going to lie that this journal is intended to help others. Had I not wanted to help others, I would have left it on my computer desktop and never turned it into a blog. But here we are anyway. This is a blog, and if you are reading this, then obviously you found it. Hopefully it does help you.

As you can see from the time posted on this particular entry, I am up later than usual. To be honest, since I posted the last one, I have not stopped reading other recovery blogs. Specifically I have been reading blogs from LDS Addiction Recovery Blogs. I find it quite comforting to read the words of those who are struggling with sexual addiction like me, and blogs of those who are suffering as the result of the addiction of someone they love. Blogs of those who have addictions, though they may not be the same as mine, remind me so much of myself, that my mind cites back to those times I did the dame things they did. Reading those blogs of others suffering over loved ones puts the problem in proper perspective to those of us who are blinded by our own drunkenness in sin.

Today I would like to commend  Girl of the Dust for her amazing blog. She is so open in the manner in which she discusses her history, pains, thoughts, bewilderments, struggles, and solutions for overcoming those things she struggles with. She also has an amazing way of writing that is just mesmerizing. I am not writing this journal as a means for huge acclaim, but I do fancy myself a good writer. Apparently I am a little out of practice and should work a little harder at what I do. A little
more sincerity in what I write couldn't hurt either.

It is nice to write something to ease the mind and get thoughts put into words. It is even better in my mind, to write something  that I will want to revisit in the near-future to inspire myself to do better!

 
LDS Addiction Recovery Blogs

No comments: