Tuesday, July 23, 2013

White-Knuckle Day

23 Jul 2013, 9:36 AM

Day 10 is rearing its ugly head. It is acting like a Day 5, just as suspected. I let my guard down for a second and almost "died." I survived however. Last night was more of the same. My system is in detox mode. I can tell. I am not necessarily having temptations so much as my body is complaining that it is not getting its fix. Then, when the urge comes, temptation follows.

I am determined to stay clean. Thankfully I was able to withstand a second temptation when I was invited to attend a water park. That would be heaven and hell for a guy like me. I have never been to one before, but my response was "I'm not ready for that kind of. . .exposure." It would set me off so fast. I know I would give in to staring at girls and fantasizing. That would only lead to worse problems. Someday, perhaps, but not now.

I have prayed, and asked the Lord to take away the natural effects of the body's detoxification. The Lord came through. I was able to sleep last night without worrying about giving in and my mind was even clear too. This morning, I asked for help, but I failed to ask for extra help. I really need to keep my guard up.

No comments: